Michael Glenn Hodgkins
Michael Glenn Hodgkins was born and raised right here in Southwest Louisiana. Coming from a family with parents who both worked for the government, he was taught the value of hard work at an early age. He attended public schools up until high school when he went to St. Louis Catholic High School. After high school, he attended Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, LA, then after two years transferred to Louisiana State University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in History. Mr. Hodgkins then attended The National Law Center at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. where he earned his Juris Doctor in 1991. He was admitted to practice law in the State of Louisiana and all Louisiana Federal Courts later that same year.
Mr. Hodgkins maintains an active civil law practice focused on serious personal injuries resulting from auto/ truck, motorcycle, 18-wheeler, and bicycle crashes, aswell as medical malpractice. Mr. Hodgkins also represents injured clients in the areas of maritime law, unseaworthiness, Jones Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act.
Mr. Hodgkins devotes his entire practice to representing victims who have been injured due to the fault or negligence of others. Daily, he goes up against Big Business and Big Insurance to ensure just compensation for the injuries and harms suffered by his clients. He has litigated many hundreds of cases at the administrative level, state district, appellate and Supreme Court levels as well as in Federal Court, and has recovered millions of dollars for his injured clients.
Mr. Hodgkins recently received the coveted American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 2016 Ten Best award for Client Satisfaction, representing the personal attention that he gives to each case. He is also a member of the Louisiana Association of Justice, American Association of Justice, Louisiana Bar Association, Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and all Federal Bar Associations.
Mr. Hodgkins has been married for over 25 years and has two wonderful, grown sons. When not representing clients, he enjoys hunting, fishing, farming, bike riding, playing with his two dogs and has obtained his Private Pilot License and sUAS Drone Pilot License.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Vezina v. United States, 2008 WL 833747 (W.D. La. 2008)
- Vezina v. United States, 2007 WL 2848089 (W.D. La. 2007)
- PG Diners, Inc. v. Remson-Haley Architects, Inc., 971 So.2d 1246, 2007 WL 4325866 2007-814 (La.App. 3 Cir. 2007)
- Unkel v. W.O. Moss Regional Hosp., 862 So.2d 487, 2003 WL 22910065, 2003-0861 (La.App. 3 Cir. 2003)
- Clark v. G.B. Cooley Service, 813 So.2d 1273, 2002 WL 507085, 35,675 (La.App. 2 Cir. 2002)
- Willis v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 747 So.2d 682, 1999 WL 994205, 1999-708 (La.App. 3 Cir. 1999)
- Vincent v. City of Lake Charles, 720 So.2d 789, 1998 WL 749193, 1998-73 (La. App. 3 Cir. 1998)
- Miller v. Louisiana Farm Bureau Cas. Ins. Co., 670 So.2d 622, 1996 WL 95014, 95-1087 (La.App. 3 Cir. 1996)
- Woolf & Magee v. Hughes, 666 So.2d 1128, 1995 WL 714802, 95-863 (La.App. 3 Cir. 1995)
- Bellard v. Louisiana Correctional & Indus. School, 661 So.2d 430, 1995 WL 606757, 95-0157 (La. 1995)
- Anderson v. Ochsner Health System, 172 So.3d 579 (La. 2014)
- Emigh v. West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital, 145 So.3d 369 (La. 2014)
- Suire v. Oleum Operating Co., LC, 135 So.3d 87 (La. App. 3d Cir. 2014)
- Atkinson v. Lammico Ins. Co., 63 So.3d 1176 (La. App. 3d Cir. 2011)
- Whitsitt v. U.S., 2011 W.L. 1347008 (W.D. La. 2011)
- Smith v. University Animal Clinic, Inc., 30 So.3d 1154 (La. App. 3d Cir. 2010)
Past Employment Positions
- Woodley, Wi lliams, Fenet, Boudreau, Norman and Brown, 1991 – 1997
- Michael G. Hodgkins, L.L.C, Owner, 1997 – 2007
- Bessette Development Corporation, Risk Management and Asphalt Operations, Vice President, 2002 – 2007
- Veron, Bice, Palermo & Wilson, 2007 – Present